|Units||7 core units & 6 elective units|
Certificate III in Individual Support
This course provides you with foundational skills and knowledge to work in the aged, disability, home and community care industry. You’ll learn to work with individuals to support their independence and wellbeing, in their homes or in community settings.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs.
Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support. Within the course you will learn how to provide physical, social and emotional support to the elderly, as well as how to work as part of a team with other health professionals such as nurses and healthcare workers.
What are the entry requirements?
To achieve this qualification, you must, besides completing the theory part of the qualification, complete 120 hours of supervised practical placement or demonstrate evidence that you have the work skills required if you are already in the industry:
- For (Ageing) Specialisation, in a Residential Aged Care Setting
- For (Disability) Specialisation, in a disability organisation and
- For (Home and Community) specialisation, in a home and community organisation
Is this course funded?
Funding for CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support is available to people who meet the eligibility criteria.
This course can help you with the next steps in your career as:
Ageing Specialization – Job Opportunities
- Personal Care Assistant/Giver/Worker
- Accommodation Support worker
- Assistant in Nursing
- Care Assistant
Disability Specialisation – Job Opportunities
- Disability Officer – day support
- Disability support worker/officer
- Employment coordinator (disability)
- Project officer (life enhancement team)
Home and Community Specialisation – Job Opportunities
- Day Activity Worker
- Service Coordinator
- Care/Hostel Supervisor
- Community Support/Care Worker
- Transport Coordinator